The Monotony of Managing Product Catalog
Several aspects of editing and updating product data tend to be repetitive, primarily because of several products in a catalog share quite a few common attributes. But when brands and eCommerce companies rely on legacy systems like spreadsheets, documents, and other content management tools, product teams are forced to make edits and updates manually in a sequential fashion. This is highly inefficient and can be a considerable burden on the resources of a product team.
Unbxd PIM addresses these challenges with features that automate data correction and data editing:
- Unbxd PIM allows product teams to create ‘product groups,’ a logical grouping of products that share certain properties. This enables product teams to perform bulk edits. Also, multiple users can take over product data editing tasks. This way, one can simultaneously perform repetitive edits on numerous products.
- When a brand refreshes its product portfolio and adds new variants of existing products, Unbxd PIM allows the new variants to ‘inherit’ all the common properties. This simplifies the process of adding new products.
- Unbxd PIM lets product teams define product ‘categories,’ which establish templates of product properties and datatype templates. When suppliers are tasked with uploading product data for a category under a category, they must follow the template. This ensures that the data entering Unbxd PIM is accurate, so the product team does not need to check for manual and correct errors.
- Teams can also define ‘dynamic groups’ by specifying specific criteria. Any subsequent products added to Unbxd PIM that meet the requirements automatically become part of the corresponding dynamic group. For example, a dynamic group ‘Christmas Sale’ can be created with the condition that ‘color’ should be ‘red.’ Automatically add any new red color product variants to this group. This is especially helpful during peak shopping, as product teams can prioritize the product catalog for sale.
- When preparing product labels for a vital sale, product teams can certify multiple products or product groups as ‘network-ready,’ i.e., the product content satisfies the property mapping requirements of a given sales channel. This allows such products/product groups to be exported to sales channels so that the product information gets in front of shoppers in time for the sale.
Unbxd PIM’s automation and bulk edit features enable product teams to easily handle large product portfolios and high volumes of product content.
Unbxd PIM empowers your digital shelf with the easy import of product information, manage, optimize and enrich product content at scale. Book a demo!