Top Searches Report is the simplest report provided by Unbxd dashboard to Category and Product Managers who need to optimize website performance. In this post, I will be talking about how to collect this data and how to use it. In the the next post in this series, I will talk about the insights product managers can use to understand their visitors and optimize conversions. The value of this post is in the fact that you can use the points in here even if you do not use Unbxd dashboard. Collecting Search Queries For the purpose of reporting, there are two sources of search queries:
- Keywords that are embedded inside SEM campaign URLs. These keywords ultimately arrive at your e-commerce site where they are treated as inputs for the site search box.
- Keywords that human visitors enter into the search box manually.
- Would you like to consider “kenstar iron” same query as “iron kenstar”?
- How about “ipad case” and “cases for ipads”?
- Is “ipad3” same as “ipad 3”?