Unbxd Site Search for Magento
The Unbxd Site Search extension packs all the essential product discovery features for your Magento-based website. A simple interface will help you configure the extension and provide other useful options.
Before you start installing, you must set up your Site Search dashboard.
Please refer our dashboard documentation to learn how to use your search dashboard.
IMPORTANTA typical on boarding process includes:
- Site Creation
- Product Feed Upload
- Analytics Integration
Installing the Extension
You need to be logged in to your Unbxd Site Search account to start the installation. After logging in,
- Find the Unbxd Site Search extension on the Magento connect webpage.
- On the extension detail page, click on Install Now.
- Select I agree to the extension license agreement checkbox and click on Get Extension Key.
- Click Select Key and copy the key.
- Go to your Magento Admin Panel and navigate to System → Magento Connect → Magento Connect Manager.
- Under the Extensions tab, paste the Extension Key in Install New Extensions section and click Install
This will start the installation.
NOTEOnce the extension is successfully installed, it will appear in the list of extensions under the Manage Existing Extensions section. An Unbxd tab will be added to the navigation menu of your Magento admin panel.
QUICK TIP:If you are using other Unbxd extensions, an Unbxd tab will already be present on the navigation menu bar.
After installation, you need to authenticate the extension using your account keys easily found on the dashboard. You can also find these keys in a Welcome mail sent to your registered email address at the time of account creation. .
ACCOUNT KEYS:Unbxd identifies each account and the sites (created in the dashboard) using 3 account keys. These keys are explained below:
- Site Key: The unique identifier of a Site. Each site added on your dashboard will have a unique Site key.
- API Key: The unique identifier of the API calls made from an account. Unbxd provides only one API Key per account.
- Secret Key: An additional securely generated key used in important request calls such as, Product Feed upload. Secret Key is not exposed in URL. Unbxd provides one Secret Key per account.
Authenticating the extension requires your Site Key and Secret Key.
- On your Magento Admin Panel, navigate to Unbxd → Authentication.
NOTEEnsure that Main Website is selected in the Choose Website dropdown (on the left).
- Paste the keys in the correct fields and click AUTHENTICATE.
This is will authenticate the extension for your Unbxd account.
All Unbxd algorithms work around the product catalog data which must be sent to the Unbxd server where it is stored and indexed. We call this catalog data as the Product Feed. Syncing your Product Feed will allow the extension to automatically obtain your catalog information stored in the Magento database.
Know more about Product Feed.
Custom Attributes: The fields from your product catalog which does not match with any of UnbxdFeature Fields. These attributes can be used to power search and merchandise products.
Datatypes: defines the type or format of the data. Know more about datatypes
Mapping Catalog Attributes
Mapping your Catalog Attributes with ours helps the extension to correctly relate to your products and produce relevant results.
To edit the default map, do the following:
- On the extension interface, go to Catalog.
- In the Map Catalog Attributes table, click Edit.
- On the Magento Attribute column, select the correct attributes from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- Unbxd attributes: are Unbxd Feature Fields. These are essential fields required for our algorithms and reporting.
- Magento attributes: The fields in your product catalog.
- Scroll down to the Add Custom Attribute section.
- Click Add Attribute.
- Click the + button at the last row of the table to add a new row.
- Select the Custom Attribute and its datatype. You can delete the unwanted custom attributes by clicking the X button.
- Click the Filter Catalog Data [Optional] section to expand it.
- Select your Attribute.
- Choose either Equal to or In between option depending on the attribute.
- Enter the value(s).
- Go to the Sync the Catalog Data section.
- Click SYNC CATALOG.
IMPORTANTEnsure that correct fields are mapped. Any errors while mapping the attributes will result in inaccurate search results.
Adding Custom Attributes
The attributes not present in the Attribute Mapping table can be added as custom attributes.
Filtering Catalog Data
You can add filters or rules based on product attributes to exclude the products you don’t want to be displayed in the search results.
You can add a new rule(s) which will work conjunction with the already defined rule(s). You can also include out of stock products by selecting the include out of stock products checkbox.
NOTEYou can only add 3 filters or rules.
Syncing your Catalog
This will sync your catalog data with Unbxd Cloud.
Catalog Update using Magento Cron
IMPORTANTThis step is very crucial.
Your site's updated catalog data needs to be regularly synced with the Unbxd SmartEngage engine in order to provide faster, accurate, and up-to-date search results to the visitors. For automatic and regular synchronization of your catalog data with Unbxd servers, you need to set an incremental catalog update by setting up a cronjob using Magento cron, which performs the regular sync between intervals.
Why Analytics Tracking?
Tracking user analytics and behaviour is essential in order to provide accurate and user-specific search result.
Unbxd analyzes every user events anonymously and tracks their product clicks, products added to cart, and orders. With this information, a user profile is built for every user, based on his affinity to certain category, brand, or price.
This information is then used to power accurate search results based on browsing behavior and also in-depth reporting.
Analytics Tracking Techniques
Usually, most visitors are not registered with the ecommerce website. Hence tracking of anonymous visitors can be difficult.
Unbxd makes use of the cookies stored in your browser to track user events. Cookies are small files located in the browser directories. Every browser which was used to open your ecommerce website are detected using cookies and are marked with a unique ID, in order to recognize the user and track their events.
Unbxd Search extension adds an HTML code snippet (script) on the head section of the source code of every page of your ecommerce website.
- Magento Observers.
An HTML tag is added on search bar section of the webpage’s source code in order to identify the search bar section in every page of your ecommerce site.
- Search queries
- Product clicks
Tracking using Magento Observer
- Product added to cart
To know more about Unbxd Analytics, click here
Analytics Tracking Testing
- Search Hits
- Product Views
- Cart Additions
To check whether the above mentioned activities were successfully tracked or not, navigate to Magento Admin panel → Unbxd menu tab → Analytics.
If Unbxd plug-in has tracked your actions you would see a tick symbol under each category.
- On your Magento Admin Panel, navigate to Unbxd→ Search.
- You can choose either of the three methods to implement search:
- Hosted Search
- Magento API implementation
- Instant search
Unbxd powers your search results page by redirecting visitors to a subdomain page hosted by the Unbxd team at the backend, constantly improving your search results using user analytics.
Before configuring Unbxd Hosted Search in your website, you would have to manually add a subdomain from your domain management system pointing it to Unbxd hosted search endpoint for that region.
- Navigate to the admin panel of your DNS system
- Create a sub-domain for your search results page, for example, search.ABC.com.
This page will be identical to your site in terms of functionality & design.
- Enter hosted.Unbxdapi.com as Canonical Name or CNAME to redirect search.yourwesbsitename.com to hosted.Unbxdapi.com.
- Enable cross-domain access - CORS. To know more about CORS, go to: http://enable-cors.org/
- For HTTPS websites, we either need a wildcard certificate of www.ABC.com. or an SSL certificate for search.ABC.com.
- Form submit action on search box needs to be changed to point it to search.ABC.com to enable Unbxd search. NOTE: The CNAME field is region-specific to Unbxd i.e. it will differ according to the customers region. For Asia-Pacific Unbxd customers value will be hostedapac.Unbxdapi.com.
- Click the Hosted Search section
- Click the Request For Setup button to raise a request for Hosted Search implementation
- Compose a request mail and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This email will raise a flag at Unbxd support. The Unbxd support team will then validate the request and grant access to the registered user.
The Request For Setup button will change to Requested For Setup and will be inactive.
After Unbxd has validated the user request for Hosted Search, you will be able see an Activate/Deactivate Hosted Search section. Click the On/Off button to activate Hosted search.
Magento API Implementation:
- Relevant Search.
- Click the Magento API Implementation section.
- Turn on the Activate or Deactivate API Integration button.
You have successfully installed and configured Unbxd search extension in your ecommerce website.
NOTEDeactivating the API integration button will automatically switch to the default Magento search engine.
To configure the Auto-suggest component of the extension, please go through the next section.
Auto-suggest makes searching effortless for visitors by providing them with relevant product suggestions and category guidance. These suggestions are handpicked by the Unbxd by analyzing the user behaviour and are exclusive to the user. Enabling Unbxd Autosuggest will override Magento's default autocomplete widget.
- Search Scope
- Keyword suggestions
- Top Queries
- Popular products
Search Scope: The Search Scope component groups the various search suggestions according to your product catalog fields with the help of Unbxd SmartEngage engine.
Keyword Suggestions: These are the instant search suggestions displayed to the user based on the combination of specific keywords pre-defined by Unbxd.
Top Queries: Top Queries, also known as Top Searches are those queries that are the most fired on your ecommerce website.
Popular Products: Popular Products section is a part of the autosuggest dropdown which displays few popular products based on the Unbxd user analytics.
- On your Magento Admin Panel, navigate to Unbxd → Auto Suggest.
- Turn on the On/Off button on the Auto-suggest section.
- In the Select Template section, select your desired skin from the given options and apply it. You can also view the template with the selected skin by clicking the eye icon.
- In the Configure template section, set the number of search suggestions.
- Turn-on Top Queries, to display top performing search queries first.
- Turn-on Keyword Suggestions, to display intelligent keyword suggestions.
- Turn-on Search Scope to display scope suggestions within the auto-suggest widgets.
- In the Popular Product Suggestions, set the number of popular product to be displayed.