The Reports section summarizes overall search & autosuggest performance of your website and allows you to take data-backed decisions to continuously improve conversion on your website. The analytics data collected on your website is aggregated and summarised in the form of reports to enable you to derive insights from the reports. The insights gained from Unbxd reports can be used to create marketing campaigns , configure search and autosuggest for improving conversions.
For example, you can identify zero result queries corresponding to a brand that you do not carry and create a query rule to redirect the users to a landing page where similar products from different brands are displayed.
The reports section is divided into three parts:
- Search: Provides insights about overall search performance, top search queries, zero result queries, top products
- Typeahead: Summarizes the performance of query suggestions based on the autosuggest. You can use these reports to identify the engagement level of each type of query suggestion
- Product: Individual product performance for the top selling products can be reviewed here
The Search reports can be used to track the performance of search on your website and generate insights to improve the performance of search on the website. The analytics events captured on your website are aggregated to generate these reports in order to present the activity of shoppers on your website.
The search report is divided into three sections:
- Site : Provides plots to summarize overall search performance on your website
- Query reports : Top search terms received on your website are available here along with corresponding metrics such as conversion rate, CTR etc.
- Zero result queries : Queries returning zero results are captured in this report
Query reports give you an analysis of the queries that were searched the most in the selected time range. Each search query is re-presented along with corresponding metrics like Hits, Clicks, Carts, Products sold, ST, % Conversions, % CTR, %STR and Revenue/ Search. You can sort the queries by any of these metrics to identify the most search queries, most converting queries, least converting queries etc.
Query report can help you to derive insights around following lines :
- Identify which attributes of the products are used by a shoppers while searching for products
- Check if the terms used in catalog are in sync with your shoppers vocabulary. For example, if shoppers are searching for “smartphone” and your catalog mentions “phone” in product attribute then discovery of products can falter. Adapting your catalog according to shoppers’ vocabulary can help you improve product discovery.
- You can also identify if the shoppers are searching for products or brands which you do not carry right now. It’s a great place to identify what your shoppers want to buy from your store.
- Spending a couple of hours every week to identify queries with high-volume and low-conversions and creating merchandising rules to provide relevant results for these queries can help you improve your search performance every week.
As you can see in the illustration above, the query ‘bodysuit’ is searched for the maximum number of times which is almost 6384 times and provided a conversion rate of 10.2%. Looking at the ‘Top Searched Queries’, you can infer which search terms are bringing in the highest conversion rate and revenue. As a merchandiser, these insights may help you in boosting high performing queries using promoted suggestions and fixing low performance queries using Query rules..
You can also download a query report. To do that click the ‘download’ icon.
Clicking on a query from the ‘Top Searched Queries’ list opens a page where you can analyze the trends for the selected query. You can use this to explore the performance of individual queries for the selected duration. All options available for overall search performance analysis can be used for query level analysis as well.
The query level analysis also provides insights about the campaigns running on the particular query. If a merchandising campaign was applied on the query during the selected duration, then the performance metrics (views, clicks,carts,orders,revenue) when the campaign was active can be found in the ‘Campaigns’ report.
You can also see which products receive the most number of orders or views when shoppers use the selected search query. If you are promoting certain products using merchandising rules on the selected query then you can check if the promoted products are receiving the attention you want them to receive. If that’s not the case, then you can adjust the boost levels accordingly.
In the above illustration, you can clearly see a detailed analysis of the queries performing on your site.
Zero Result Queries
The Product report displays the individual metric of the product as to how many times the product was viewed from the search results page, added to cart, or ordered.
Top 1000 products provide you a glimpse of the most ordered and viewed products on the website. The product report can help you in:
- Checking if the boosted products are performing well or if the negatively boosted products have received less number of views
- The changes in shoppers preference for products can be compared by checking the top products list for different time frames
- Identifying products with high visibility and low conversions. You can apply a negative boost for such products in order to suppress the ranking for such products.
- Identifying out-of-stock products : Products which are frequently added to cart but not ordered are a good candidate for out of stock products. A high cart drop-off rate for these products may also indicate the some of you competitors might be offering these products at lower prices.
In the above illustration, you can see every product like ‘slim fit convertible sleeve portofino shirt’ was viewed 9219 number of times, added to the cart 1705 times, and ordered 264 times.
You can sort the products based on any of the metrics to see the most sold products, most viewed product or the product added to cart maximum number of times. To download a product report, click the download icon on the top-right part of the screen. Field mapping is required to display the ‘Product name’ & ‘Unique ID’ correctly.
Clicking on a product from the product report list opens a page where you can analyze the sales trend for the product over the selected duration. The report also provides the queries for which this product was discovered.
- Did this answer your question?