Unbxd is excited to announce the launch of Activity Log for Unbxd PIM, the latest feature that helps teams keep track of and manage changes to their product content.
Product content management is an iterative process. A piece of product content undergoes review, updates, and changes multiple times during a product’s lifetime in a store. And each change, irrespective of how large or small, is attributable to a different team member spanning all the way back to the product’s start of life. But eCommerce teams struggle to keep track of the who, what and when as product content continues to evolve.
What is Activity Log?
Activity Log is a complete, historical record of every change made to a product within Unbxd PIM. It tracks, collates, and present every change performed in an easy to comprehend manner.
Using Activity Log, teams can track the following:
– Date of the Activity
– Activity Performed
– The Person responsible for the Activity
– Old and New Values of properties (attributes)
– Comments added during updates
It also incorporates filtering capabilities to narrow down and accurately identify a specific activity. It maintains simplicity and categorizes the product actions as Created, Modified, or Deleted. Additional granularity on the PIM action that influenced the change, such as an import, a manual create or edit, bulk edits, tasks, or workflows, is also displayed.
How does Activity Log help eCommerce teams?
Unbxd developed the Activity Log with the sole aim of improved transparency. A lack of clarity often hamstrings large-scale teams collaborating on product content. A team member preparing a product for a clearance sale would have no idea if the displayed price is up to date or not. Tracking down the last update made or the actual individual responsible for the update is time and effort that are better spent creating great product content.
With it, however, every update made to the product is made accessible to everyone within a team.
Benefits of Activity Log
– Full historical record of activities and actions performed on a product
– Improved transparency between teams and governance of product content
– Automated tracking and logging of product actions as opposed to maintaining a physical changelog
– Reduced time and effort in tracing back past changes and individuals responsible
One can access Activity Log from within any product page in Unbxd PIM.
1. Navigate to the Products tab and choose a product you want to view the activity history. Click Activity Log right below the Save Product button.
2. It opens to show the entire list of actions performed on the product.
3. Selecting an activity from the list displays a drop-down with more information. The following example lists the Properties changed as well as their old and updated values.
4. It also offers filter options that help quickly narrow down an activity performed on a product based on Date, Property, or the Individual that performed the change.
Check out Activity Log with a free trial of Unbxd PIM.