Selling on an online marketplace is not an easy task. Most of the e-sellers face repeated issues when they try to sell on different sales channels or marketplaces. Some of the common issues of these sellers are ‘failing to upload the product data’, ‘incomplete product information’, ‘difficulty in handling variants’, ‘changing some attributes of the product’ and the list goes on. But have you wondered why in the first place these issues arise? The inability to manage the e-Commerce catalog and failing to meet the validation requirements for different categories by the marketplace are the primary reasons for the above-mentioned issues.
Sellers must understand that one of the key factors in driving online purchases is product information. Unfortunately, product information management on the contrary is one of the pressing issues these marketplaces and the sellers on these marketplaces face.
Expectations are increasing day by day with respect to rich and consistent product information. If the information doesn’t meet their expected standards, consumers will not have the confidence to buy your product. Hence, it is extremely important for modern sellers to strategically manage their e-Commerce catalog. Before diving into why product data matters in today’s e-retailing space, let’s look at the issues faced by E-sellers.
- Difficulty in meeting Marketplace requirements: There is a predefined structure to how the product information will look on a marketplace like Amazon. A common observation is that new sellers face a lot of difficulty in understanding and meeting the desired requirements. Also, these requirements change with every category leading to more complexities in processing the catalog.
- Managing different Product types: Catalog management becomes more difficult when the catalog has following:
- Variant/Matrix/ options: Group of products that vary on a few attributes. For example, blazers must have related SKUs for one blazer that may come in multiple sizes and colors like a (Grey, Large) and (Grey, Small).
- Kit/assembly: Certain products need assembly of many small products. A Seller might have to sell the complete package or individual components. Maintaining the assembly information in the catalog is difficult
- Product-Data Normalization from the third party: Most of the sellers buy the same finished item for multiple vendors. Data from these vendors come in all kind of formats and it gets difficult for the seller to normalize it as per the marketplace or any sales channel requirement
- Keeping Product Listing Updated: Many sellers have to constantly update a few attributes on the sales channel like price, size, availability, or information related to newly-arrived products, etc. It consumes a lot of time to even update a single attribute like the price on different sales channels which could have been used for other functions of your business
- Expanding Product Catalog: A poorly managed or unorganized catalog inhibits sellers from adding new SKUs. The inability to expand the product catalog is mainly attributed to the huge processing time required for processing the existing catalog
The two most important stakeholders for sellers to keep in mind before selling online are end customers and online marketplace. In India, Amazon is the largest online marketplace. Amazon has designed their selling platform to ensure consistency in the product information for each category which in turn helps end customers to have great shopping experience. So if sellers are able to meet the platform requirements by Amazon, end customers are automatically getting taken care off. Sellers can easily meet the desired requirement if they maintain their catalog strategically. Before we know how sellers can achieve this, let’s understand more about strategic catalog management and its benefits.
What is strategic catalog management and how it helps sellers?
It is the strategic process of maintaining an organized catalog with consistent and rich product information data across multiple sales channels.
Strategic catalog management gives a natural advantage to the sellers over others. It helps sellers in following ways:
- Generate higher revenue
- Loyal customer base
- Reducing manual efforts
- Reducing time and cost involved
- Sellers can get to market in minimum time
- Increase the number of SKUs
Unbxd PIM App: A Smart product for Strategic Catalog Management
Unbxd PIM is a smart product which helps modern e-commerce sellers in maintaining their catalog as per the expectations of Amazon.
Unbxd PIM centralizes all the product related data in one place and processes the information to ensure accurate, consistent and contextual data to shoppers.
Selling on Amazon made easy with Unbxd PIM
Unbxd PIM’s Five Step method to manage, process and publish data to Amazon will help sellers to quickly publish the catalog
Unbxd PIM’s Advantages
- Minimum time required to publish and export product information on amazon
- Validation widgets for 1500+ Amazon categories available.
- Reduced manual catalog correction by using smart corrections.
- Can import catalog data for multiple sources and store within Unbxd System.
- Help sellers in directly upscaling the sales on Amazon.
How will Unbxd PIM help sellers in their business?
We know that Unbxd PIM will help in managing your e-Commerce catalog in the most efficient manner. Also Unbxd PIM will help sellers achieve following:
- Consistent Product Data: With Unbxd PIM, you can achieve consistent product data for your catalog
- Getting rid of manual process: Unbxd PIM can help in saving a lot of manual effort as well as time by automating the tasks. Sellers can invest this saved time in other functions of their business
- Complete product listing: With the accurate and required product information, listing during site search will improve on Amazon eventually resulting in greater visibility to end customers
- Increase in overall profitability: The overall impact of reduced returns and high volume of sales will result in increase in overall profitability.
Product Access details:
To access Unbxd PIM from Amazon Seller Account :
Step 1: Log into Amazon Seller Central account https://sellercentral.amazon.in/
Step2: Click on >> Apps and Services >> Discover Apps >> Listing >> Unbxd PIM
Step 2: Directly Search Unbxd PIM in the search bar.
Watch the Product Demo Video here.
To know more about Unbxd PIM visit: https://unbxd.com/pim/ .
For a demo request click here: https://unbxd.com/demo/ .
For Unbxd PIM 30 days free trial visit Unbxd PIM