While we continue testing Unbxd Search to make it ready for the private beta launch, here are some must-reads on e-commerce around the internet:
- Wal-Mart, Amazon, eBay: Who’s the Speed King of Retail? The fight for same day delivery and Walmart’s increasing focus on online.
- Drawing The Line Between Clever And Creepy With Customer Data From presenting relevant search results to personalization and recommendations, we constantly run into the limits of how much data we can collect about visitors to enhance their browsing and purchasing experience. This article looks into the trade-off between utility and creepiness of collecting customer data online.
- Salesforce Expands Marketing Cloud, Social Analytics To Challenge Oracle We’re analytics junkies, especially analytics that power marketing. The awareness of challenges in collecting and reporting analytics helps us appreciate the wide range of social analytics tools from Salesforce.
- Apple, Google, and Amazon are so profitable because they know what to lose money on Interesting aspect about subsidizing content over hardware versus hardware over content. Holds some lessons for e-commerce players in India.
- Retailers Turn to “Soft Surveillance” to Fight Customer Anonymity Robert Plant explains how the internet of things is being leveraged to gain customer insight through soft surveillance.